Sunday, November 15, 2015

Finding the Dont Look Back Trail


I first heard the dont look back trail when a race was organize in Mt Balagbag. I have been to the mountain a number of times as it was near to my location and the expenses is less than P200 pesos only. I am not aware that there are longer trail connecting to Mt Lubog and traversing to San Isidro Montalban or going back to the Mt Balagbag area via a circuit. There are 2 circuit trail there. One is the easy but much longer trail, and the other one is called Dont Look Back, as it was a cardiac assault on the loose soil and ridges under the heat and humidity.

Dont look Back trail 
I have been scouting this trail for 3 weekends now. First I try to find the trail connecting to Mt Lubog, then another weekend, me and my friends try to find it again, only to our disappointment that we end up on a different trail - the longer trail leading to San Isidro, and the other one connecting to dont look back on the left side of the trail is exiting to Balagbag Area, on the left going up is the Dont look back trail exiting to registration going to helipad.



As far as I know the trail is only used by locals and trail runners, there are no hikers yet passing by on that trail. All hikers are either going to Mt Maranat or the Helipad to camp and spend the night there.
Will remind you of Batulao without the hordes
Rolling terrain

Balagbag-lubog Circuit

The hike and recon would not be possible if without the support of my trail buddies. Eru , Luigi and Boss Don, you guys rock.. Soon we can try the much longer and challenging route exiting
toAnginan San Isidro, Montalban Rizal.



























1 comment:

  1. nag trail run kami last saturday. medyo nakakaligaw nga siya. at cardiac assault nga dont look back. dapat tawag dun dont come back! hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete